Today more and more people become interested in various techniques and secrets for fast and effective work. Books on time management are extremely popular all over the world. We collected the most important recommendations not only for those who want to prepare for exams and admission effectively, but for those who want to know more about entering the university and studying abroad.
For those Who Pass the Exam
- Do not delay exam preparations till “later”. Visit the university website, create a list of exams you will need to pass, register for exams beforehand and start preparing as early as possible. Make a table where you will mark months and days to prepare on your own, see kinds of preparations: for instance, if you get ready for TOEFL, then choose days when to work on “Reading” and when to spend time solving trial test variants. As the progress comes, mark your completed tasks on the table. Analyze your plan at the end of the month, see what needs to be changed in order to make your preparations more effective.
- Organize your space. Switch off your phone or use flight mode while preparing. Make sure there are no things that can distract you from studying in the room.
- Visualize information. Try to imagine everything you read and learn in the shape of diagrams, schemes. This is how you can remember info better.
- Do not forget about breaks. You can’t study 24/7, it is useful to make a break every 45 minutes.
- Plan the exam day. Know beforehand, how to reach examination center, what can you take with you, and how the exam is going to pass. There should not be any unexpected situations which will only make you nervous.
Useful Advices on TOEFL Exam
If you are going to study at the university abroad, then you need to know how to control your time. Here are some recommendations on productivity for students:
- Wake up earlier than anyone else;
- Create a task-list
- Sleep more
- Work during 25 minutes and make a 5-minute break after;
- Get rid of bad habits;
- Visualize your goals;
- Do some work on weekends;
- Do not try completing several tasks simultaneously, human brain can’t do that;
- Start the day from completing your most difficult task;
- Start a diary where you can mark completed tasks and reached goals.
Preparing for University Studies
Do not worry about new friends. Various people from all over the world will come to the university. Do not think about that, just visit events and meet different people.
Do not take unnecessary things from home (this means ones you can buy after arrival).
Create a budget plan, spend your money rationally.
If questions appear – contact university as soon as possible, they will help you solve the problem.
Upload a city map to your smartphone and look where objects that are important for you are located. Talk to other students that can share info about where to buy things and where to go on weekends.